Friday, July 6, 2012

FRIDAY, JULY 6

Started seeing (and hearing) of people avoiding certain WODs when they contain elements they don't like, think are dumb or struggle with.  Just for the record..."usually" if you don't like it, think it's dumb or struggle with it, you probably need to work on it.  I get it.  No one likes to embrace the suck.  I'm not a huge fan of doing WODs that highlight my weaknesses either BUT, that's how you get to a place where you don't fear it, dread it or hate it.

For a while...I will not be posting the WODs.  One of the foundations of CF programming is that we train for the unknown and the unknowable. 

If you are a person who feels anxious with the unknown... the next few weeks might be frustrating.  If you are a person who peeks at the WOD and then wishes you hadn't... the next few weeks might be GREAT.

I will, however, post educational stuff :)

2 comments:

  1. I like to know what the workout is so that I can avoid those things that aggrivate a pre-existing injury, causing further damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get it and I know it's frustrating for those who want to know ahead of time however...Substituing movements and/or scaling certain movements is something that your coach should help you with
      on-site. Part of our certification/training is to deal with injury.

      Delete